NEW Entry-level Corrections Deputy - Stevens
County Civil Service will establish an eligibility list of candidates to fill current
and future open Corrections Deputy positions in the Stevens County Jail. Corrections Deputy is a full-time position
with employer-paid training provided. Starting wage is $18.50/hr., plus
generous benefits including medical & dental insurance, paid vacation, sick
leave and paid holidays the first year. To
qualify for the eligibility list, you must timely submit all required
forms/documents, pass physical ability testing, as well as written and oral
Important timeline - Start Now
- Review the Official Announcement and application to see if you qualify to test.
- Download and print forms and information listed below, or contact us and we’ll mail you a packet.
- Schedule to have your Doctor's Release Form signed as soon as possible; your doctor may require an appointment and charge you a fee.
- Begin physical ability training
- Work on completing your application and gather other necessary documents
October 12, 2020 (by 4:30 p.m.) - Submit a completed application, Doctor’s Release Form, non-refundable test fee and driver’s license copy
October 13 & 14 2020 - You will be contacted about your application and test day instructions
October 17, 2020 - Physical ability testing followed by a written exam
October 22, 2020 - Oral interviews
All applicants should carefully
consider the standards of excellence and integrity required before submitting
an application. Also, Stevens County administers the same physical
ability testing as the Washington State Criminal Justice Training Academy;
applicants are encouraged to review the physical test guidelines before
starting a training regimen. If you have any questions, feel free to contact the Civil Service Secretary by phone or email.
509-684-7524 or 509-684-3751
Stevens County is an equal opportunity
employer and a drug-free workplace. The
employment list resulting from this examination will be in effect for two (2)
years unless sooner exhausted or cancelled.
Ability Test Guidelines